Policy on Health, Safety, Security, Environment & Social Performance
Salym Petroleum Development (SPD) aims to profitably produce oil and gas from the licenses in line with the following commitments:
- To pursue “Goal Zero”, working with no harm to people & environment.
- To comply with Russian law and the Joint Venture Agreement.
- To use natural resources, materials & energy efficiently.
- To execute work complying with rules and procedures, including 12 Life Saving Rules.
- To stop any activity if it is unsafe.
- To respect our neighbours.
- To publicly report on our performance.
Consistent with these commitments, SPD:
- Manages HSSE & SP as a business priority.
- Has a systematic approach to managing HSSE & SP to ensure continuous improvement.
- Promotes an open & fair culture in which all employees share these commitments.
- Sets targets of improving safety indicators and regularly reports against the performance.
- Requires all our contractors & their sub-contractors to work in line with this policy.
- Considers HSSE & SP results during appraisal of staff and contractors performance.
- Engages effectively with our neighbours.
- Promotes best practice in our industry.
In this way we aim to have an HSSE & SP performance we can be proud of, to earn the confidence of our stakeholders and neighbours and to contribute to sustainable development.