Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Social Performance Policy
The purpose of Salym Petroleum Development N.V. Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Social Performance Policy is preventing incidents, emergencies, fires, production injuries and occupational diseases within Company's production activities, achieving health, safety, security, environment and social performance indicators to be proud of and to earn the trust of the shareholders and the society in general, contributing to sustainable development of the Company, the region, the industry and the country as a whole.
Producing oil and gas efficiently in compliance with the terms and conditions of the procured licenses, the Company considers its duty and commits to:
- pursue Goal Zero, i.e. continuously work to prevent environmental pollution, production injuries and occupational diseases, mitigate the risk of emergencies, reduce the scope of potential incidents, equipment failures and fires, prevent their spreading beyond production facilities and impacting the public without harming people or the environment within Company's activities and ensuring high-quality planning and implementation of actions mitigating the risk of accidents and incidents at hazardous production facilities;¬
- comply with the requirements of the Russian legislation, international standards, generally recognized principles and regulations of the international law and international treaties of the Russian Federation applicable to the Company;¬
- continuously improve Health, Safety, Environment and Risk Management Systems;
- utilize natural resources, materials and energy efficiently;
- execute all work in compliance with Company's rules and procedures;
- ensure safe and harm-free work conditions at work places to prevent employees' injuries and health impairment;
- eliminate hazards and mitigate risks of accidents at hazardous production facilities, and also mitigate health, safety, security, environment and social performance risks;
- provide consultations, staff training and participation in ensuring health, safety, security, environment and social performance, specifically for workers of hazardous production facilities and their representatives;
- improve the level of responsibility and awareness, make sure every employee, regardless of their profession or position, is interested in complying with health, safety, security and environment rules;
- stop any activity performed unsafely, thus making sure that employees' health and safety while performing their job duties take precedence over making a profit and gaining benefits;¬
- respect the interests of the local community and contribute a fair share towards its development;
- inform Company employees, the public and other stakeholders of its performance, specifically, by ensuring the availability of authentic data on health, safety, security, environment and social performance status.